Each year we try to add a new recipe to our Seasonal repertoire. This year, living without an oven, our choices are a little bit limited. So, we hit the books and found a revised version of a previous favorite.
- Crush 200g of Chocolate Cookies into a bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Sweetened Condensed Milk, 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract, and 1/3 of a cup of Rum. Stir.
- Pour 112 grams (4 ounces) of melted chocolate into the bowl and stir.
- Chill for one hour.
- Roll into walnut sized balls, and roll in sprinkles, cocoa or desiccated coconut.
- Ideally, let age one day in a sealed container.
The real secret to Rumballs is in the odour of the presentation, not the actual taste. You get the best reception if you use cheap rum, and keep them in a sealed container.
Rumballs – Smells like a panhandler, tastes like Christmas.