Well, that didn’t go as well as hoped.
At the end of Sarah’s interview, she found out that the interviewee and her were actually talking about different jobs.
Myself, I was very surprised to have questions asked of me that are actually relevant to the position. Normally I get things like:
- Tell me your biggest Strength, your biggest Weakness
- What is something that you are truly proud of?
- If you were a tree, what kind would you be?
This time, I got things like:
- Tell me your biggest strength and weakness with regards to writing.
- What development tools do you use?
- Have you ever written software to assist with software development? If so, please describe it to us in brief.
It’s not that I couldn’t answer the questions, more that I just hadn’t at al been expecting them. It was kind of like I had been asked to remember everything that I had been doing for the past five years, and select the best 6 moments to highlight.
As a result of the surprise, I babbled. Not a lot, just enough for it to qualify as inane. Ah well, hopefully I wowed them with my shatner-esque eloquence and my perfect pronunciation of the word “Ummmm…”